07.12.2011

Concrete and colors

A few years ago I bought and apartment just like this- in the same building- just a few doors away. I had for years been dreaming about a "New York style" loft, with concrete floors and walls. The project didn´t end up the way we were predicted (the builders changed the look, took away the "rawness" and decided to go for a cheaper, mainstream look), and with a help from a experienced laywer in this field, I was able to withdraw from the contract I had signed. Helene was another one who fell in love with this cool to be project, but took the contractors to court, and ended up getting the apartment the way she was promised in the first place.
 

 I had decided that I didn´t want to set my foot in that place again, until one day someone tipped me about a cool apartment in the east side of Oslo. It was with mixed feelings I entered the building the day of the shoot, but it ended up being a fun day with inspirational things to shoot and a lovely, energetic  hostess it was fun being around.
Helene is a cool, sporty gal who loves skating, bicycling, surfing and travelling, and as you can see, her apartment reflects her very active lifestyle. Right now, she is having the time of her life surfing in beautiful Bali (lucky her!), while someone else is a lucky tenant of this ccol apartment.

Photography: Trine Thorsen
Styling: Tara Ballantyne

3 kommentarer:

  1. Utrolig flott plass
    vist igjennom nydelige bilder!
    LIKER :)

    SvarSlett
  2. From the little glimpses you've shown of your home, it is lovely and very personal too, so I think it worked out well for both of you!

    SvarSlett
  3. Thanks both! Have a wonderful day!
    Love,
    Trine :-)

    SvarSlett